SNEEDVILLE — From June 12-16, the Hancock Co. Sheriff’s Department participated with the Governor’s Highway Safety Office in conducting several checkpoints throughout Hancock County.
Assisting in the efforts were members of Sheriffs Offices in Hawkins, Claiborne, and Greene counties, and the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
As a result of the checkpoints, numerous citations were issued, Sheriff Brad Brewer said, including:
• 25 registration violation citations;
• 12 Financial Responsibility citations;
• 7 drivers license violation citations;
• 11 drug citations;
• 12 drug paraphernalia citations;
• 1 speeding citation;
• 1 seatbelt citation;
• 1 open container citation; and,
• 1 other moving violation citation.
Several arrests were also made at the checkpoints, including:
• 12 drug arrests;
• 2 DUI arrests;
• 1 Driving on Revoked arrest; and,
• 1 Public Intoxication arrest.
Two vehicles were also seized due to drug-related charges.
Among the substances seized during the checkpoints were: ‘molly’, heroine, ‘ecstasy’, marijuana, ‘shrooms’ (hallucinogenic mushrooms), cocaine, LSD (acid), edible controlled substances and also prescription controlled substances.
Those arrested during the sobriety checkpoints, and the offenses with which they are charged, are:
• Michael Eldridge, 46, Sneedville, DUI (1st offense);
• William McDonald, 77, Thorn Hill, possession of Schedule 2 drugs;
• Tara Nichols, 21, Sneedville, Possession of Schedule 2 drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia;
• Marylee Whitlock, 22, Atlanta, GA, two counts of possession of a Schedule 2 drug, three counts of possession of a Schedule 6 drug, and three counts of possession of a Schedule 1 drug;
• Ian Griggs, 29, Athens, GA, three counts of possession of Schedule 1 drug, three counts possession of Schedule 6 drug, and two counts of possession of a Schedule 2 drug;
• Erin Lindsey Grubbs-Servos, 38, Oakland Park, FL, DUI;
• Connor Kearns, 25, Nashville, TN, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of Schedule 2 drug, possession of Schedule 6 drug, and possession of Schedule 1 drug;
• Clay Kipling, 42, Asheville, NC, public intoxication;
• Devin Lee Seals, 23, Eidson, driving on revoked.
• Josef Stanton Bailer, 38, Asheville, NC, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of Schedule 6 drug with attempt to sell and deliver;
• Brandon Willard, 35, Asheville, NC, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of Schedule 6 drug with attempt to sell and deliver;
• Robert Zachary Reed, 51, Morristown, DUI (2nd offense), violation of Implied Consent Law, violation of Financial Responsibility Law, possession of drug paraphernalia, Misuse of Registration, simple possession of marijuana (Schedule 6 drug); and,
• Keysha Johnson, 28, Sneedville, possession of Schedule 3 drug.
“Myself and the deputies of the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department would like to give great and many ‘thank yous’ to all that have assisted us in our sobriety checkpoints,” Sheriff Brewer said. “Thank you to all the officers and deputies of the Hawkins County, Claiborne County, and Greene County Sheriffs Offices and the Tennessee Highway Patrol. With the help and support of these agencies we made this event a great success!”