Here Comes 2017! Howdy-do, from me to you! It is my prayer that the New Year will be the best ever for all of you!
God is so good.
I’m going to finish the holiday facts. I love them. They came from Charter Channel 941 Sounds of the Season. They had these facts on the screen, and boy did I ever have to write fast!
- Edward Johnson, Thomas Edison’s assistant invented Christmas tree lights in 1882.
- “Oh, Holy Night” was first sung at Midnight Mass in France on Christmas Eve, in 1847 in French.
- Each acre of land to grow Christmas trees, provides enough oxygen to supply 18 people.
- In the 1969 cartoon Frosty the Snowman’s finger number changed from 5 to 4.
- In Italy the children put their letters under the father’s plate.
- The tree lighting at the U.S. Capital only became popular in 1964.
- In the U.S. 350,000 acres of land are used to grow Christmas trees.
- Louis Prang is credited with popularizing the giving of Christmas cards in the U.S.
- In Germany children receive Christmas gifts from Christindt the Christ Child.
- One hundred billion pounds of snow fell in Manhattan in 1947.
Don’t forget your hog Jowl and black eyed peas. Thank God for bringing us to a New Year.
“And that’s the way I see it.”
May God bless you and yours, as we go into 2017! You are loved! Let’s see what we have on the menu! Enjoy!
2 cans kraut
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium bell peppers, chopped
1 ½ to 2 cups sugar
Drain kraut. Add onions, peppers, sugar and vinegar. Mix well. Store in an airtight container. Let set overnight.
5 cups carrots, cooked and drained
1 medium green bell pepper sliced in rings
2 medium onions, sliced in rings
1 can tomato soup
¾ cup vinegar
¼ cup oil
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Place cooled carrots in container; arrange onion and pepper rings on top. Mix soup, vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard and sauce. Pour over. Let stand overnight. Will keep 3-4 weeks in refrigerator.
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER TOSS
1 head broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
Cut the flowerets off the heads of the broccoli and the cauliflower, into small pieces. Mix the dressing as directed on the packet. In a large mixing bowl, put all the ingredients in it and toss. Don’t forget the cheese. Store in an airtight container. Let set in fridge overnight before serving.
TIP OF THE WEEK
If you don’t, have Jesus in your heart.
When time comes, you’ll have to part.